Craving a tropical getaway this Spring or Summer? Add Costa Rica to your next travel destination! My sister and I packed our bags and left California last Fall. We took a little jeep from La Fortuna, Costa Rica to the town of Monteverde. In this area, you will find the infamous Cloud Forest Reserve with suspended bridges running through the forest canopy. I was lucky enough to stay in a chalet at Hotel Belmar, a truly sustainable luxury stay. Hotel Belmar is committed to preserving the environment while maintaining a high standard of quality and service. Here’s 10 reasons you SHOULD stay at Hotel Belmar!
1. They have the FRESHEST organic juices and smoothies!
2. Completely disconnect from social media and immerse yourself in nature.A view of our chalet. We stayed in the heart of the lush green forest.
3. Hotel Belmar makes their own sustainable cosmetics
4. From the guest rooms, you can see the top of the cloud forest in the horizon.
5. Richard, the Sustainability Director took us on a tour of the greenhouse and explained a few of the hotel’s green practices. From the organic fertilizers to the way they treat waste, Hotel Belmar excels in maintaining a eco-friendly operation where most hotels fall short.
6. Hotel Belmar has a greenhouse where most vegetables are used for their Farm to Table restaurant.
7. Take a nature walk and explore the garden with different species of flowers and plants.
8. Wake up and enjoy a complementary cup of organic coffee with a breath-taking view.
9. The BEST lunch view over the Monteverde Cloud Forest with artisanal dishes
10. Catch the sunset during Tico Time (Happy Hour 4:30-5:30pm) at Celajes Lounge with craft beers with complementary tapas. Seriously, the tastiest bites and beer pairings.From the farm to table restaurant, to the artisanal cosmetics – Hotel Belmar is a guilt-free luxury stay. My sister and I enjoyed our time exploring the Monteverde Cloud Forest and seeing the famous hanging bridges. Pura Vida!
Thanks for reading,