In the beginning of October, I booked a last-minute get away to Costa Rica with my sister to celebrate her birthday. My sister has an affinity for tropical destinations, wild life, and has a thirst for adventure. Costa Rica seemed like the perfect place for a tropical getaway, to disconnect from technology and reconnect with nature (something I constantly need to remind myself to do). The flight from San Francisco to San Jose, Costa Rica was roughly 10 hours with 1 layover in Panama City.
(Tip: Low season is during the rainy months of September-October. Most hotels offer great deals on rooms and tours.)
I had the pleasure of staying in a Villa in Nayara Springs Hotel and Resort located in La Fortuna. This ultra-luxurious boutique hotel was rated #1 in Costa Rica according to Trip Advisor for the amenities and exceptional service. Follow along my adventures in Costa Rica on my Instagram and YouTube channel @FashionbyAlly.
1. Welcome drinks, a trio of local Costa Rican beverages.
(My sister loved the chili guaro, she drank both!)2. The Villa Lobby: decorated with magenta tables, shell love seats, and vibrant blue walls. We were greeted by our personal host who assisted with planning our itinerary in La Fortuna. Since my sister and I left on such short notice, we didn’t have enough time to properly plan our vacation. Honestly, we were still in a daze after being on the road for over 16 hours, the last thing we wanted to do was plan our vacation. Our host helped arrange transportation for our tours, set up reservations at restaurants, and mapped out the next 3-days for us. AMAZING! Then we were picked up by a golf cart and taken on a short ride to our room.
3. Our dreamy villa! The rooms have a high ceiling, cyprus-and-teak floors, and beautiful animal print accented furniture. The room has an outdoor jungle shower and a beautiful patio space to lounge. Since I’m always working when I’m traveling, I appreciated the work desk (not pictured) and fast WIFI. The room is serviced twice a day, morning and night.
Photo courtesy of Trip Advisor
4. Our villa had a private pool fed with a natural hot spring. The water was soothing after a long day zip-lining across the jungle and walking through the forest. Our room actually had a view of the Arenal Volcano, standing 5,000 feet above the ground and is the most popular landmarks in the area.
Swimsuit :: YMI Jeans (Similar)
Hat :: Target
Pure tropical bliss! Hanging out in my rainbow hammock feeling very happy!5. A complementary breakfast fit for a queen delivered to my room each morning, served on our private patio. The fruit was as sweet as candy. I ordered eggs 3 ways: omelet, scrambled, and boiled (why not)!6. When you’re on the road for 2-3 weeks, it’s a complete luxury to have complementary overnight laundry service. We packed our dirty clothes into the laundry bag and housekeeping returned it the next day neatly folded on the bed in individual bags.
(Fairy godmothers do exist in Costa Rica!)
7. The drinks at Amour Loco CANNOT be missed! I enjoyed my artisanal cocktails in my cabana overlooking the lap pool with my sister. I filmed a short cocktail video demo with Monica, a sweet bartender at Nayara Springs. The video will be coming soon!
8. We treated ourselves to a hot-stone massage on our first night at Nayara Springs. The award-winning spa is perched above the rainforest, where you can soak in all of the sights and sounds of the jungle. I felt completely rejuvenated and refreshed after my massage. We received a complementary glass of champagne and chocolate dipped fruit. Simply divine and worth experiencing!!
9. One of the most memorable dinner’s in Costa Rica was at Amour Loco. We opted to sit outside on the patio to enjoy the sunset. At night, there is live romantic music to accompany your dinner. The seafood was fresh and light while the lamb was tender and moist. You should not skip dessert because the passion fruit
10. A peaceful getaway. Enjoying a quiet moment in the middle of the rainforest. Complementary yoga classes are offered the morning. Definitely explore the resort and take a walking tour.
Oh how I’ve fallen in love with Nayara Springs! I will miss the view of the sun rising above the Arenal Volcano and the sound of the rain hitting the leaves. With such a romantic atmosphere, I would highly recommend Nayara for a luxurious honeymoon, memorable anniversary celebration or a beautiful tropical getaway! Thank you for reading! Pura vida!
FTC: I partnered with Nayara Springs to share this review. All opinions are my own.